Monday, August 30, 2010

Humble or BE Humbled

Father told during sermont that we all need to be humble..there is a parable which emphasises on humility and how one can be honoured by others by being humble..Father Robert said that when we are young, we have lots to offer - many dreams, many ideas with tremendous amount of energy to carry out our projects..

But as we age, our thinking becomes less 'modern' and we have less energy to carry out what we plan and have to depend on others to go by. This is when we become humble..We need others to carry out our plans..We rely on others to continue being in position..

Though only 23, I have already felt this..Some time ago, I was leading an organisation and when I stepped down, I had to allow the 'younger generation' to take over and I retired to simple 'odd jobs'. Maybe my expectations were too much..

Recently, the organisation organised an event but did not bother to invite the 'elders' - not only me but everyone who was once leaders of the organisation..That was absolutely devastating..Suddenly, everything that I thought were huts of shelter -seems to have been occupied by mean occupants who are chasing us out into the rain..

LORD, help me cope with everything that is going on..I'm not sure how much tougher you want me to be..but my shelter is being taken away from me and I have no where to hide..I come as me..please don't leave me LORD 'coz without YOU, I'm not sure where to go..

No comments:

Post a Comment